Position: Junior - Mid-level Java Developer - Part-time, Europe (Remote)
Do you want to join an exciting startup?
We are SAVI and we are on a mission to protect people's savings from inflation by lending them out to other people and businesses via P2P Lending / Crowdfunding.
SAVI makes auto-saving and auto-investing easy. We build a new way of investing that feels like a savings account, and our hashtag is #BeTheBANK
We started out as a hackathon winner and then accelerated in the Founder Institute. We are members of the Bulgarian Fintech Association and already a team of over 10 believers and many expert advisors!
Now we are looking to expand the team and onboard just the right colleague.
We are still bootstrapping before the first investment and building the tech - debit cards and bank accounts. You will be joining the team to help us build up the app and integrate partner API services that are the rails for the likes of Crypto.com, Payhawk, PayCaptain, Wirex Helpful, GoSolo, SimpledCard, MoneeMint, ANNA Money, among others.
We are building something unique, innovative, and BIG - and we are looking for you!
The tech side:
- Work focuses mostly on greenfield development
- Work on integration with external systems
- Projects will include building REST APIs, developing microservices to evolve our architecture, and perfecting a number of systems that our business depends on.
- Our technology stack is based predominantly on Java 11, Spring Framework and Spring Boot on the backend.
- We have a minimalist approach to using external frameworks, with emphasis on maintainability and fast turnaround with TDD, and Continuous Integration & Delivery.
- Environments - AWS for production, virtual servers for test & development.
To be a great fit:
- At least 3 years of back-end development experience
- Experience with Java / Spring /Spring Boot
- Experience with SQL databases
- Experience with designing and implementing REST APIs
- Quick learner with an ambitious and results-driven personality
- Work well as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Proficient in English - team communications are in English
- Passion for what we create at SAVI
- Potential to grow in your career and enjoy the experience of building something big here, out of Bulgaria.
- Experienced and passionate founder, team and an awesome network of advisors and acquaintances
- The opportunity to apply your skills in an inspiring and dynamic startup work environment
- We are based in the UK and run from Bulgaria, meaning you will sign a contractor agreement with our UK company Saving & Investing Technologies Ltd.
Must have mindset
- Eager to learn
- Willingness to develop in Angular/Ionic technology stack
- Long-term commitment and dedication
- Excited to innovate and be a part of a great team
- Initially commit for the idea, the completion of the project and improving his/her skillset
- Flexible to work on other super cool projects
- Entrepreneurial mindset
Even if you are missing some of the skills, we’ll be happy to share our knowledge and enable you to improve and grow with us … as long as you are a hard worker and have the right mindset.
- Contractor Agreement with deferred payment terms
- Stock option to become part owner in the company
- Minimal commitment required - 1 hour a day
- Your pay will be negotiated based on your commitment & experience
Check the details in this presentation.
Your contracts will be with Saving & Investing Technologies Ltd. - a UK company